Model Code Name: EVA-CL00
Model Name: Huawei P9 32GB Dual Sim
Language Code: C00
Region / Country: China Global International All Country Factory
EMUI Version: 184.108.40.2060
OS Version: Android Oreo V8
Firmware Type: FullOTA-MF
File Size: 2.31 GB
Whats New in this release (Change Log):
Dear Huawei fans, thank you for participating in our activities. Here we have answered some of the questions most frequently asked by users by Jul. 11, 2018.
1. Battery charging is slow during the first two days after the update because the system is in the progress of optimization. This is normal. After the optimization is complete, the charging speed will return to normal and system performance will improve. Details: https://club.huawei.com/thread-16526026-1-1.html
2. Regarding the low volume of the in-game sounds, we have already released a patched version to correct this issue.
EMUI 8.0 not only brings you the latest version of Android (8.0), it's also boosted with a lot of great features and improvements to make your device more intuitive, faster and safer. We highly recommend updating now.
Smart recommendations anticipate the services you need and give you timely suggestions. HiVoice can answer your calls, check your system, and search for settings at your command. And HiBoard lets you track your packages and manage bookmarked articles with ease.
AI-based optimizations deliver greater stability, fluidity, and speed. The system boots faster, videos are more fluid, and image thumbnails load in a flash.
Updates to TrustSpace and Find my phone offer greater payment security.
Take sweeping 3D panoramas, set 3D dynamic lock screen wallpapers, and discover new possibilities with a host of new features and settings.
[Find out more]
New ways of interacting
● Adds a new split-screen function. You can swiftly split the screen to check your QQ and WeChat messages by touching the split-screen key when you are watching a video.
● Adds 3D panorama in Camera, which enables you to take 3D dynamic images to show your life in more perspectives.
● Adds a feature enabling you to add 3D dynamic images to Magazine unlock images. Enjoy images from different angles.
● A new floating Navigation dock lets you perform frequently-used operations from anywhere on the screen.
● Improved touch-disable functionality reduces unintended operations on the touchscreen in a wider range of scenarios.
● Enjoy exclusive preloaded theme.
● HiTouch lets you quickly isolate keywords from onscreen text and get links to related services such as restaurants, hotels, movies, and more. Simply hold two fingers on the text to generate keyword and service cards.
● HiVoice communicates with you more fluidly and understands you better. Use simple voice commands to enable or disable features such as Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, or ask for information about the status of your device (Voice commands only available in Chinese).
● Smart tips recommend you faster and smarter ways to operate your phone, appearing in specific usage scenarios and responding to your usage habits.
● HiBoard (accessed by swiping right on the home screen) now features a Save for later feature that lets you save social media posts and news articles as cards for later reading.
● HiBoard now features an Instant access feature that lets you access frequently used services in a single step. Make QR code payments, hail a taxi, or make a restaurant reservation with ease.
● HiBoard now features delivery cards that you can use to keep track of your packages. Get onscreen collection prompts when you approach parcel lockers.
● HiBoard now features SkyTone cards which you can use to quickly activate SkyTone and purchase data packages.
● TrustSpace now provides protection for more than 500 apps.
● Find my phone now lets you track your phone's movements and extend its battery life to increase your chances of retrieving it.
● Contacts and Email now let you sync the career details of your LinkedIn contacts.
● Settings has been redesigned for clearer and more intuitive organization. Voice commands can now be used to search for and change settings.
● Gallery now features a recycle bin that retains deleted photos for up to 30 days. Accidentally deleted photos can be restored with a single touch.
● Phone Manager has been simplified to make managing your device easier. Standard cleanups are faster and deep cleanups more thorough.
● Recorder now features speech-to-text conversion.
1. Automatic time zone uses location information to set a time zone when Location information is enabled.
2. Due to the redesign of Settings, the location of certification logos, legal information, and regulatory information (if applicable) has been altered.
3. To improve your experience, Smart notifications and Smart SMS templates will be updated when you are connected to Wi-Fi. You can disable auto-updates in Settings.
4. Magazine unlock 3D dynamic images are provided by third parties. Therefore, related information, including your device model and operating system, will be provided to third parties when you browsing 3D dynamic images.
1. You are advised to back up data before the update. After the update, certain pre-installed third-party apps on Android 7.0 may be uninstalled. They will still be available in AppGallery.
2. Some third-party apps that are not compatible with Android 8.0 may function incorrectly after the update. It is recommended that you update these apps to their latest versions in HiApp.
3. This system version can be rolled back to the official version of EMUI 5.0 using HiSuite. Rolling back the system version will erase your personal data. Please back up your data in advance. For more information, please contact the customer service hotline.
4. If you encounter any problems during the update, please visit HiCare, Huawei Club, or call the official VIP service hotline on 400-930-9300 for assistance.
5. Your home screen layout may be rearranged slightly.
How to flash this firmware to your phone:
1- Rename the downloaded file to update.zip
2- Extract the Update.zip file
3 -Create a folder named Dload in the device’s internal storage or on your SD card and put the update.app (Extracted Update.zip) file there
4- Then go to Settings > About phone > System Update, and then select Local Update.
5- After that, Give the downloaded update file’s location on the next screen
6- The installation will start automatically
Once completed, reboot your device
Done!!! Your device should now have the latest update running
-= OR =-
You can start update from dialer *#*#2846579#*#* and ProjectMenu -> Software Upgrade -> SDCard Upgrade